yakob's ladder
home | archives | pictures | email me | aim : yakob78 | friends | blogger



previous posts

The Princess Bride
My email to Adrian Wojnarowski
One of the most shocking and saddest days of my li...
busy, busy, busy -
The Tower of Babel and Satan the observer
Anger and Conflict: The Use of the Bible in Arguments
The Fish (Mr. 0.4) recognizes
SUMMER VACATION
SLEEP STUDIES
Exciting, exciting, exciting. I've decided to quit...



  • Archives
  • We All Need Hugs
    Monday, June 18



    Hug O' War
    by Shel Silverstein


    I will not play at tug o' war.
    I'd rather play at hug o' war.
    Where everyone hugs
    Instead of tugs,
    Where everyone giggles
    And rolls on the rug,
    Where everyone kisses,
    And everyone grins
    And everyone cuddles,
    And everyone wins.


    Wouldn't that be nice? I have this theory that there are two kinds of people: 1) People that need some kind of physical contact on their ventrum (belly side), and 2) people that need physical contact on their dorsum (back side).

    I think I am the former, and that is the reason why I'm always sleeping on my belly, with my face into the pillow. I think there are a number of people who can only fall asleep with the belly into the bed. When I try to sleep on my back, my chest and belly feel so empty, exposed to nothing. I can only fall asleep on my back when i'm dead tired.

    I also think that this natural preference correlates to how people like being hugged. There are those that like to be hugged from the front, and there are those that feel more secure being hugged from the back. This doesn't always work, since i'm pretty sure that a lot of dorsal sleepers still like being hugged from the front. Hm... ok, forget about my theory.

    Anyway. I have another theory. This one may be more true. I think that once people experience a true hug as an adult, they constantly need that hug periodically.

    If that hug is suddenly taken from them, there is this huge, physical and emotional hole that needs to be filled. Maybe that hug means more than actual company, physical intimacy or a true connection.

    So pretty much this is a warning to any females that are receiving any sort of attention from me: You probably want to stay away from me as I may be seeking hugs even as I try to avoid any new relationships now and in the future. hahahaha

    Seriously, I feel like I'm in a type of withdrawal. Just stay away from me.


    yakob at 12:08 PM



    Comments:

    Post a Comment


    -----------------








    Google


    Powered by Blogger

    copyright yakob delacroix