yakob's ladder
home | archives | pictures | email me | aim : yakob78 | friends | blogger



previous posts

Anger and Conflict: The Use of the Bible in Arguments
The Fish (Mr. 0.4) recognizes
SUMMER VACATION
SLEEP STUDIES
Exciting, exciting, exciting. I've decided to quit...
book review: Kite Runner
the apple tree
dream
INTERN UPDATE
pumpkin pie



  • Archives
  • The Tower of Babel and Satan the observer
    Friday, May 11

    The theme of this month and year is conflict.

    When I saw Babel, the movie with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, there were many times I laughed. Although set in modern times, the movie was about how people misunderstand each other because of language, culture, etc, and those misunderstandings lead to terrible conflicts and consequences, a theme originally from the story of the Tower of Babel in the Bible. I laughed because some of the problems those characters faced were so terrible, and yet they were caused by such simple, stupid little things.

    While watching the movie, I thought, "Does Satan actually need to do anything? He can just sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch us take little problems and wreck everything in sight, on our own!" Then I realized that I was comparing myself to Satan, which was really disturbing, and I banished the thought.

    But recently, I thought of this again, because of the numerous conflicts I am aware of around me (directly or indirectly). Seriously, some people's lives are being seriously altered, scarred, etc, over such simple, stupid, trivial differences!

    If we focused on WHO people were rather than what they happened to SAY (mistakenly or not), or even DO, I think life's conflicts would be dramatically reduced.

    Just my two cents.


    yakob at 2:21 AM



    Comments:

    Post a Comment


    -----------------








    Google


    Powered by Blogger

    copyright yakob delacroix