yakob's ladder
home | archives | pictures | email me | aim : yakob78 | friends | blogger



previous posts

My email to Adrian Wojnarowski
One of the most shocking and saddest days of my li...
busy, busy, busy -
The Tower of Babel and Satan the observer
Anger and Conflict: The Use of the Bible in Arguments
The Fish (Mr. 0.4) recognizes
SUMMER VACATION
SLEEP STUDIES
Exciting, exciting, exciting. I've decided to quit...
book review: Kite Runner



  • Archives
  • The Princess Bride
    Wednesday, June 6


    The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies. I'm pretty sure that it is a favorite for many young adults and college students. It is, after all, about true love.

    I was surprised, however, when I saw the book at Barnes. My goodness, I thought. This is actually a book? Is it pretty much the same as the movie, or is it the book within the movie (the book that Columbo reads from to Fred Savage)?

    Well, neither, as it turns out. Or more the former than the latter, I guess. But actually, it is entirely a different type of story when you read the book. Not only is the book richer and filled with more meaning than the movie (as most books are compared to their movies), but the tone and themes are different as well.

    Although the story of the Princess Bride is one of true love and high adventure, the book is filled with sad themes. The failure of spouses, of parents, the helplessness rampant in life. Being kicked in the balls, repeatedly. That life is unfair, so suck it up. Things you would never really expect from the movie. The book is actually a SAD book. Can you believe it? I couldn't, but here it was, making me tear up when I just wanted a happy pick-me-up. Maybe it is more of a reflection of where I am in life, but I don't think so.

    So go read it. You would be surprised.


    yakob at 12:58 AM



    Comments:

    whoa! yakob's ladder is alive again! hi jacob!
     
    Post a Comment


    -----------------








    Google


    Powered by Blogger

    copyright yakob delacroix